Students, postdocs and faculty meet monthly to celebrate and value diversity in science, discuss issues regarding the unique challenges that women (or other underrepresented groups) face in science, and learn strategies to help women in science succeed. These discussions are open to all students and faculty – men and women alike – and will include guest speakers, readings and candid discussions about a wide range of issues (although there may be some topics that the group decides will be discussed separately by gender). The overall goal of these discussions will be to educate and discuss mechanisms/strategies for change.
A Women in Science (WIS) listserv has been established to share important papers, links to resources and other helpful information; please contact email@example.com if you would like to be added to the listserv.
- UT’s interim policy on sexual misconduct and violence
- UT Commission for Women
- UT Women in STEM research symposium (18 April 2015)
- UT Women’s Coordinating Council
- American Association of University Women
- Association for Women in Science
- Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – On The Air (Northeast Public Radio)