The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology acknowledges the generous financial support of our alumni and friends. Your contributions, from a $25 one-time donation to a $25,000 endowment, play a crucial role in supporting academic achievement and research in the department. Gifts to EEB are coordinated through the Development Office at the University of Tennessee and are tax-deductible.
The easiest way to give to the department is to give online, by clicking the Give to EEB link on the left sidebar (or above). The “EEB Enrichment Fund” should be pre-selected for you. If not, you can write in the name of this or another EEB fund where indicated.
By donating online, you can use your credit or debit card to set up a variety of types of gifts:
- One-time gifts;
- Gifts made in installments;
- Recurring gifts (e.g. monthly, annual);
- Matching gifts (for companies in UT’s online database).
If you prefer to donate by check, please make your check payable to The UT Foundation, and indicate the “EEB Enrichment Fund,” or other fund to which you would like to contribute, on the memo line. Mail the check to
Department of Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
569 Dabney Hall
Knoxville, TN 37996-1610
The Development Office at UT can help you set up planned gifts to EEB, including the following:
- Bequests in a will or living trust;
- Naming EEB as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy;
- Property, stock, or other investments;
- Life income gifts.
To set up a planned gift, please contact the Department Head, Prof. Susan Kalisz (865-974-3065), or the Director of Development, Don Eisenberg (email@example.com, 865-974-2504).
EEB Departmental Funds
EEB has several departmental funds to support our vision of excellence in science education.
Ecology and Evolutionary Biology Enrichment Fund
- This fund is the primary departmental account. It is unrestricted, meaning the department head has the flexibility to use the funds in the areas of greatest need. The EEB Enrichment Fund supports instructional and academic programs within the department, including
- Undergraduate and graduate research;
- Travel funds for students to participate in meetings and workshops;
- Other departmental activities that are in need of support.
Graduate Research in Ecology and Evolution Fund
H. R. DeSelm Graduate Award Fund
D. Etnier Ichthyology Museum Fund
L. R. Hesler Herbarium Support Fund
Field Botany Fund (also supports ecological field work)