Research InterestConservation, theoretical ecology
2003 – Ph.D., Stanford (Biological Sciences)
2000 – Ph.D., James Cook (Mathematics)
Dr. Armsworth’s research addresses applied questions in conservation as well as process-based questions in ecology and evolution. Research in his group integrates mathematical modeling, statistical analyses, and field surveys to address two questions:
- How do we design more effective conservation investment strategies; and
- What are the implications of different dispersal behaviors for population and community dynamics?
Visit Google Scholar for more publications.
- Lennox, GD, Fargione, JM, Spector, S, Williams, G, Armsworth, P.R. 2017. The value of flexibility in conservation financing. Conservation Biology, in press.
- Iacona, GD, Bode, M, Armsworth, P.R. 2016. Limitations of outsourcing on-the-ground biodiversity conservation. Conservation Biology, 30, 1245-1254.
- Larson E.R., Howell S., Kareiva P., Armsworth P.R. 2016. Constraints of philanthropy on determining the distribution of biodiversity conservation funding. Conservation Biology, 30, 206-215.
- Milt, A.W., Gagnolet, T.D., Armsworth, P.R. 2016. The costs of avoiding environmental impacts from shale gas surface infrastructure. Conservation Biology, 30, 1151-1158.
- Sutton, N.J., Cho, S., Armsworth, P.R. 2016. A reliance on agricultural land values in conservation planning alters the spatial distribution of priorities and overestimates the acquisition costs of protected areas. Biological Conservation, 194, 2-10.
- Armsworth, P.R., Larson, E.R., Jackson, S.T., Sax, D.F., Simonin, P., Blossey, B., Green, N., Klein, M.L., Lester, L., Ricketts, T.H., Runge, M.C., Shaw, M.R. 2015. Are conservation organizations configured for effective adaptation to global change? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 13, 163-169.
- Armsworth, P.R. 2014. Inclusion of costs in conservation planning depends on limited datsetsa and hopeful assumptions. Annals of the New York Academy of the Sciences: Year in Ecology and Conservation Biology 2014, 1322, 61-76.