2003 – Ph.D., Stanford (Biological Sciences)
2000 – Ph.D., James Cook (Mathematics)
Dr. Armsworth’s research addresses applied questions in conservation as well as process-based questions in ecology and evolution. Research in his group integrates mathematical modeling, statistical analyses, and field surveys to address two questions:
- How do we design more effective conservation investment strategies; and
- What are the implications of different dispersal behaviors for population and community dynamics?
- Acs, S., Hanley, N., Dallimer, M., Gaston, K.J., Robertson, P., Wilson, P. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. The effect of decoupling on a marginal agricultural system. Land Use Policy, published online September 2009.
- Anderson, B., Armsworth, P.R., Eigenbrod, F., Thomas, C.D., Gillings, S., Heinemeyer, A., Roy, D.B. & Gaston, K.J. 2009. Spatial covariance between ecosystem services and biodiversity priorities. Journal of Applied Ecology, 46, 888-896.
- Armsworth, P.R. 2009. Conditional dispersal, clines and the evolution of dispersiveness. Theoretical Ecology, 2, 105-117.
- Armsworth, P.R., Block, B.A., Eagle, J. & Roughgarden, J.E. 2009. The economic efficiency of a time-area closure to protect spawning bluefin tuna. Journal of Applied Ecology, in press.
- Armsworth, P.R., Gaston, K.J., Hanley, N.D. & Ruffell, R.J. 2009. Contrasting approaches to regression in ecology and economics. Journal of Applied Ecology, 46, 265-268.
- Booth, J.E., Gaston, K.J. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. Public understanding of protected area designation. Biological Conservation, 142, 3196-3200.
- Dallimer, M., Acs, S., Hanley, N., Wilson, P., Gaston, K.J. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. What explains property-level variation in biodiversity? Taking an inter-disciplinary approach. Journal of Applied Ecology, 46, 647-656.
- Dallimer, M., Acs, S., Tinch, D., Hanley, N., Gaston, K.J. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. 100 years of change: examining agriculture, habitat change and stakeholder perceptions through the 20th century. Journal of Applied Ecology, 46, 334-343.
- Eigenbrod, F., Anderson, B., Armsworth, P.R., Heinemeyer, A., Jackson, S.F., Parnell, M., Thomas, C.D. & Gaston, K.J. 2009. Biodiversity and ecosystem service benefits of contrasting conservation strategies. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, B, 276, 2903-2911.
- Fishburn, I.S., Kareiva, P., Gaston, K.J. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. The growth of easements as a conservation tool. PLoS One, 4, e4996.
- Fishburn, I.S., Kareiva, P., Gaston, K.J. & Armsworth, P.R. 2009. State level variation in conservation investment by a major non-governmental organisation. Conservation Letters, 2, 74-81.
- Nicholson E., Mace G.M., Armsworth P.R., et al. 2009. A research agenda for ecosystem services in a changing world. Journal of Applied Ecology, published online October 2009.
- Sachs, J.D., Baillie, J., Sutherland, W.J., Armsworth, P.R. et al. 2009. Biodiversity conservation and the Millennium Development Goals. Science, 325, 1502-1503.